In the Period from July 19th to September 1st (6 weeks) the Mister Vee crew will be out sailing for 3 weeks.
Only urgent emails will be read and no orders will be shipped.
Start with this one to get a feel for using the manuals and giving the glue time to cure.
From 2013 onwards, the two push rod halves needs to be glued.
The best results come with using Polyurethane wood glue (yes, WOOD glue)
If you have little use for it besides this one, buy the smallest container you can as it eventually hardens in the container.
- Apply a bit around the end of the sanded are of the carbon tube.
- Then gently insert that in to the brass fitting on the other end, slowly rotating the pieces as you go.
- When completely inserted, pull back to check if the glue has spread evenly.
- Repeat if necessary.
- When the glue is spread well, briefly hold the the carbon end under a running tap.
- Small water droplets will remain on the coated surface.
- Then insert in to the brass tube again.
- Leave to cure for 48 hours.
- The moisture will be part of curing the glue.
If no PU glue is available, most other glues can be used but the flexibility in PU glues give the best results.
Removable pushrod (OPTIONAL extra)
If you have ordered the removable pushrod (OPTIONAL extra), do read the manual for the removable pushrod first but but then proceed with reading and assembling the vane base.