The general assembly manual for the pendulum rudder is at the bottom
How to change the rudder tubes length:
- Once you have measured by how much you need to shorten it, follow the following steps:
- Be sure that the balls inside the bearings do not role away in case they fall out! Do the next procedure inside!
- Take of the big gear
- Put a piece of tape below the bottom inner pendulum bearing, on the rudder tube, to where the bearing should be moved to shorten the required amount
- Loosen the jubilee clips, DO NOT YET move the bearings!
- Tie some string around the bearings and the rudder tube so the bearings and outer bearing tube stay together when sliding them
- Slide the bearing set against the tape marker
- Reconnect the jubilee clips, the top one not yet fully
- Use a hacksaw to gently cut through the rudder tube, going about 3 mm at a time, then move the saw to the next bit of tube wall.
- DO NOT CUT THROUGH THE TUBE AT ONCE!
- Always do this step by step around the tube.
- DO NOT inhale the carbon saw dust!
- Remove the bearing plug from the former top of the pendulum rudder
- Insert it in to the new top of the pendulum rudder.
- Reconnect the big gear
- When on the boat, realign the big and small gear so the pendulum rudder tracks correctly again.